Food and Beverages and Consumer Goods
Key cases handled by our attorneys:
- Defending a beverage producer in a complex and cross-border dispute (France, the Netherlands, Switzerland) against an international food and beverage group, in terms of infringement of device and process patents, involving preliminary injunctions, infringement action and commercial proceedings regarding the violation of an exclusivity, as well as several oppositions and appeals before the European Patent Office.
- Assisting an investment fund in the preparation and negotiation of R&D and patent/know-how licencing agreements in the context of a joint venture with a green chemistry player.
- Representing a large supermarket chain in several legal proceedings, including cross-border (France, Germany and Switzerland) and complex (preliminary injunction and infringement action) litigation in relation to 3D trademarks, as well as trademark infringement/unfair competition litigation in the wine sectors and copyright/design protection litigation in the household linen sector.
- Various risk analyses (trademark infringement, unfair competition and passing off) for a large supermarket chain for products launch.
- Advising spirits producers on trademark protection, advertising and labelling regulations.
- Advising an agribusiness group for the implementation of a remuneration policy for employee inventors.
- Assisting a manufacturer of frozen food products in drafting and negotiating trademark licences and distribution agreements.